I played with Russ and Harvey - both in their 80's and still kickin' it. They were a pleasure to play with. I think the longest shot either of them hit all day was about 140 yards. The round was casual and relaxing.
My ball found its fair share of bunkers, rough, and weeds - but I never lost a ball. I used the same Bridgestone B330 for all 18 holes. This has to be a new record me. The reason why this happened is because the course has no par 5's and none of the par 4's are long enough to merit the use of a driver. I only hit my 5 wood once, and never touched my driver or 3 wood. The greens were all smaller than postage stamps, so my short game received much needed practice.
And all the while my cute, trusty caddie kept me company. She had a front row seat and lots of salty popcorn. The weather was great: in the low 60's for the first nine holes, then into the 50's for the second nine. We enjoyed the nice weather and are not thrilled to return to freezing Utah temperatures. Good thing we still have a few more days of vacation.
-Andrew




I love all the posts--it looks beautiful there. So nice of you to remember my old friend, Mr. Welk!
ReplyDelete