Luckily (or divine intervention from my mom) Andrew and I are AAA members so we were able to get a tow truck with out shelving our an arm and leg to pay for it. He waited 2 1/2 hours- half of the time blocking downtown Pittsburgh rush hour traffic. A huge "no no" in any city. A man working on construction nearby walked over to see who everyone was flipping off, calling names and honking at.
It was my sweet, helpless Andrew- and my Andrew's not helpless.
The construction man helped Andrew push the car across two lanes of on-going traffic over to a safe place to wait for the tow truck.

Then the tow truck man and Andrew drove to the repair shop where Lola was scheduled be in the shop for the afternoon. But the more time she spend in the repair shop, the more help she needed. She ended up getting a knee replacement, three hip replacements, dentures and glasses (this is how Andrew explain Lola's car repair work to me, he know I don't understand car parts very well and understand Grandma replacements better).
The most amazing part was Tim at Amco! He slaved all of Friday and Saturday (a day he normally has off) working on the car just to make sure we had the car back by Tuesday for me to taken to work.

Throughout this whole nightmare of a week with Lola we have felt Heavenly Father's presence and have know that we are not alone. We are greatfull for Tim, the Construction Man, the Tow Truck Driver and our Moms for all the support they have given us in our time of need.
I can't believe I am saying this but I am grateful for this hardship with Lola this week. It has brought me closer to Andrew and my Father in Heaven. It has once again taught me to trust in Him and his Divine Plan. He knows The Way and all I must do is put my trust in him and it will all work out through Him.
Hopefully we won't have a week like this for awhile, but I known that when we do it's for a reason and our Daddy's got our back.
No comments:
Post a Comment