The kids absolutely love and worship Robyn, and since I am lucky enough to be her husband, they like me also. Babysitting was challenging and fun; definitely a good dose of live birth control for Robyn and me. We stayed overnight each night, playing mom and dad. We did everything from doing homework, making lunches, driving to and from dance lessons, attending soccer and football games, reading stories and scriptures, saying prayers, fixing meals, watching Ice Age and Free Willy, and a little disciplining when needed. Robyn and I absolutely loved every minute. And yes, Robyn made sure that all our interactions were 'developmentally appropriate.'
We had the privilege of watching the BYU-Utah football game at the Bonham's. Their entire family are BYU fans (Brandon and Emily met at BYU), while Robyn and I are both Utah fans (we met at the U). I wore my red Utah shirt all day long just to bother Josh, Becca, and Janie. In gentle retaliation, Josh sported his BYU jersey all day. And Becca wore BYU colors to the birthday party she attended. It was great fun and a great rivalry.
Although BYU came up well short of playing a competitive game, the Bonham's are still die-hard Y fans. Their sidewalk-chalk drawings and welcome home signs for their parents attest to the same.
And to be clear, GO UTES!
-a

BOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteGo COugars!!
Love you both :)
ReplyDelete